Friday, January 13, 2012

Yea...weekend! (almost)

Being over scheduled makes me irritable.  There was just too much stuff to cram into this week, so today I put my foot down and said "No More!  Today I am giving myself a mini-vacation from reality!"

Instead of heading to town to buy grocery staples and cat food (both of which are desperately needed), I plopped my butt down and did some catching up on projects and some planning for future endeavors.

The Future List includes:
  • A crocheted tunic/dress for me.  Spent time looking at suitable yarn online.
  • A design/inspiration area for my crafting nook.   A co-worker gave me an old corkboard yesterday, so I'm going to spruce that up and use it to hang all those bits and doo-dads that inspire me, yet create clutter just sitting on my desk.
Both those items require a trip to JoAnn's or Michaels or somewhere, and I just couldn't bring myself to leave the house today.  Even the temptation of Fondling the Fabrics and Snuggling the Yarns wasn't enough.

So what did I actually do today, you ask?

I made serious progress on my son's sweater.  It is a boyish version of the Blueberry Popover pattern.

I cannot get this photo to rotate,  so kindly tilt your head a bit to the right, ok?
And I baked a cake.  Just a simple cake pan-type cake, but delicious nonetheless.


It wasn't a completely lazy day though.  The laundry mountain has been dwindled to a manageable hill, and I thoroughly scrubbed the overhead vent thingy above the stove.  It was all kinds of nasty.

And more importantly, I feel mentally refreshed again and ready to take on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment