Monday, January 9, 2012

Ta-Da! Blueberry Popover

Finished my daughter's sweater this weekend.   She stopped to let me snap a picture this morning before hopping on the bus for school.  The pattern is called Blueberry Popover and is available in the Fall 2011 Interweave Crochet magazine.  It's probably on their website too...most of their patterns are.


The original design calls for flared bell sleeves, which I omitted.  When you're nine years old and constantly pushing your sleeves up for art class and hand washing and whatnot, bell sleeves are a hinderance.

I also omitted the increases in the body and crocheted this thing straight down from the armpits to the hem, which fits my skinny kid nicely and saves my brain cells from having to count and add in the extra stitches at even intervals.  This way I could mindlessly crochet around and around and around while watching fascinating documentary series' on Netflix streaming (Hoarders, anyone?)


The neckline detail gives it some personality.   I'm thinking of making one for myself, which might work if I make the biggest size written and use fatter yarn.  Maybe.  My son also wants one.  In orange.  :-)

p.s. I didn't realize the cat snuck into the picture until I posted it here.  His name is Duck.  He is a 15-pound yarn-chasing, nighttime-prowling, lap-snuggling, "feed-me-right-this-instant" pain in our hineys.  And we love him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment