Thursday, January 26, 2012

Changes

Doh!  

I washed the Galena sweater, thinking it would come out all wonderfully soft and delightful.  It did.  It also came out several sizes smaller.  I re-checked the ball band from the yarn and I did wash it according to the instructions.  Machine wash cold.  Tumble dry low.  I guess the 8% wool is all it takes to encourage shrinkage.  On a happier note, my daughter is excited to have a new Galena sweater hanging in her closet.  Oh well.

In other news...

Remember the Blooming Flower Cushion I showed you back in August?  It underwent some crochet surgery and got a face lift.  I was tired of finding it smooshed out of shape in the nooks and crannies of the couch, or tossed haphazardly onto the floor, so I took the back panel off, added some more petals, and crocheted a random stripe down the sides to make it into an ottoman cover.  See?


Imagine a cup of coffee, a brownie and a good book added to this picture and it makes you want to dive right in for the afternoon, doesn't it?


It's like summer in January.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment