Friday, February 22, 2013

Stuff and Things

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I can't keep up
How about you?

Life has been crazy busy these past two weeks!  I have things to show you, but I have been unable to get good photos.  Soon, I promise.

What's happening?

1 - Selling lots of furniture, because we're going to do some upgrading over spring break.  New beds for all of us, and a transition from childish room to pre-teen room for my daughter.

2 - My youngest child turned 8 yesterday.  How did that happen? 

3 - Valentine's day came and went.  I managed so snag one of the very last boxes of fancy chocolates on Feb 15. (my annual tradition.  Half-price chocolates taste SO much better than full-price ones)

4 - I found a new knitting/crochet group!  They're wonderful ladies.  Right now I'm the only crocheter in the group, but I intend to convert at least one of them to the dark side.  :-)

5 - The pattern testers finished working on my sweater design.  It went very well!  I have to do some editing of the pattern and take good pictures, and then it will be ready to publish!

6 - Hubby's birthday is Monday.  I'll be baking a scratch cake (chocolate with orange marmalade).  Should be delicious!

7 - My Nook Color bit the dust.  Fortunately I had purchased an extended warranty so it could be replaced for free, but they don't make that model anymore so it took a lot of time to dink around with choosing a new model and getting it set up.  Very happy with my new Nook Tablet.

8 - Germs Germs Germs.  Seems like someone has constantly been sick this winter.  Right now it's me.  :-(

9 - Allergies.  Took my son to the allergist, and he is allergic to Everything on Planet Earth.  The upside is that we don't have to get rid of the cat like I'd feared, because the cat is the least of his worries.  The downside is that he will be miserable for nearly every season of the year.  I'm hoping Zyrtec is a miracle drug.   
Looks like there might be ONE thing he is not allergic to - the spot above letter D didn't swell.
Lucky him.


No comments:

Post a Comment