Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

In just a few short days it will be March.  MARCH!   Wasn't it just two weeks ago we were putting the Christmas decorations back in the closet?  Feels like it.

Anyhow.

It's almost March, which means I need to shift gears away from heavy bulky winter wear and into lightweight, layerable spring stuff.  I've been stockpiling ideas for a couple of weeks now and I've paired up some stash yarns with patterns.  Here's what I'm thinking:

Vintage gold yarn would make this lightweight summer top stunning.
So cute with capri's and wedge sandals!

Picture this dress in hot pink, about 6" shorter.      

This is 100% bamboo yarn which is light and perfect for summer.
Imagine this white top, but with shorter sleeves and longer body - about tunic length.  That's what I'm going for.

I like the idea of this top, but I'm not wild about the bell sleeves.  Who can wash dishes with sleeves like that?  This might stay in the idea bin until fall, and them maybe do a sweater dress to wear with leggings and boots.  Plum-colored yarn with a hint of silver would work, and it would go wonderfully with charcoal leggings and tall black boots.

I love the shape of this, but not so much how it looks like a giant red heart at the top.
I have some beautiful apple green yarn in the stash that might be just the thing (esp. paired with  cute leather sandals)

By the time I get these done, it'll be time to haul the decorations back out again!

I'm also planning some quilted pillow shams to match our new bedding.  The fabric I want is no longer available at the quilt shop (go figure) so I need to track it down online.  I'm also felting some 100% wool sweaters, which I'll chop up and make into decorative pillows.  Our new bedroom will be beautiful!

My daughter is excited about her new room too.  On Saturday we took her old bedskirt, cut it in half, and made it into two window valances.  In about a month we should have everything assembled and the sewing projects done, and then I'll post before/after pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment