Saturday, April 9, 2011

Feeling Crochet-y

Sorry about the unplanned blogging hiatus.  It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks and I haven't even turned the sewing machine on for two weeks.  *GASP*  Fear not, however, because I did find a few moments here and there to crochet. 

I finished up this delightful baby afghan, modified from the original large-sized version found in Afghans By The Pound.  This one was really fun, because it looks like ordinary stripes on the back while the front has a fun zig-zag.


I've also been coveting the Chloe Cardigan on the cover of Interweave Crochet's Spring 2010 issue for awhile now.  I'm doing mine in a steel gray shade of Caron Spa yarn (color is called Dark Driftwood).  It has a touch of bamboo in it and is oh-so-soft.  I want to get this completed pronto, before it's too warm to wear it.  In Iowa, it seems like winter is 8 months long but spring only lasts 3 weeks or so and then BLAM - it's hot and sticky summertime.



I also used some leftover scraps to make a Carnation Bouquet square for the charity afghan project (look up there at top for details).  This square uses a surprisingly large amount of yarn, so I don't have enough left of any one color to make a second square.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment