Sunday, March 27, 2011

Something is Brewing


The stars were aligned just perfectly on Friday, or something else crazy like that happened.  Everything came together. 

Friday was day two of our local Spring Shop Hop.  This is where the local quilt shops run specials and all the fabric-a-holics like me wander from shop to shop in a dazed stupor of bliss.

At the first shop I went to, I found a bolt of one of my all-time most favorite fabrics ever.  It's called "Up All Night" from Anna Maria Horner's Garden Party line.   I use it in a lot of my projects because the colors are so vibrant and it's wonderfully symmetrical.  I'm a sucker for geometric things.  And hot pink.  This fabric has both.

Not only did I find the bolt, it was on CLEARANCE!  *gasp*  How did such pure joy not get snatched up the minute it hit the shelf?  I think it was waiting for me.  This fabric is hard to find so I bought the rest of the bolt - a wonderful three yards.

The second thing that happened on Friday was I stopped into Borders bookstore on a whim.  Our Borders is closing, as are many.  The neon signs in the window advertising rock bottom prices drew me in like a cat to an open tuna can. 

Good thing I wandered in, because just inside the door was a delightful rack of quilting magazines.  Most were traditional quilts in traditional fabrics which isn't my cup of tea, but there was one, peeking out from behind the others, practically shining with awesomeness.  

The above doodlings are my ideas taking shape.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment