Thursday, January 10, 2013

Squooshy Baby Love

Over the Holiday break the kids and I took a short road trip and visited my childhood BFF.  She has a brand new sweet baby girl.  I got lots of baby snoogles in!

A few days before the visit I was gazing at the yarn stash, which seems to grow and not shrink with little assistance on my part.  Lightbulb!  Super-fast stashbusting project: Baby Sweater.

This is the first baby sweater I've ever done, because my kids were already past this stage when I started crocheting.  Because it's so tiny, it only took a few hours to put together.  And it used up the last of the pink and white glitter sparkle yarn.

Seriously....why haven't they added a Rotate Photo option to Blogger yet?  Grrrr.
It fits!
It looks like a vintage design because it IS a vintage design.  Some wonderful person on Ravelry took the sweater her great-grandmother had crocheted eons ago, and wrote down the pattern to share with the world.  This design is probably circa 1930-ish.  Maybe more, maybe less.

Awwwww

Remember the baby afghan I blogged about in November?  Meet it's new owner.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment