Saturday, December 22, 2012

Merry Christmas, Cat and Lizard


The Kitty Couch is finished!  I decided not to make a coordinating afghan like the original pattern has, and instead use fabric and make a mini cheater quilt.  It actually looks like a real quilt, because this block pattern has been around for eons.  I know it as Melon Patch, but I think it has many different names.  Added some toss pillows for fun.

Here's a picture of Duck the cat checking it out.  I'm nervous the thing is too small for catnaps!  Duck isn't exactly small.



Yesterday I also cleaned out Emily the lizards terrarium.  It had been awhile, and unlike Duck, she doesn't try to keep things neat and tidy by always doing her business in a designated spot.  After the scrubbing, it occurred to me that she might enjoy some Holiday spirit as well.  So I took the Christmas wreath from my daughters dollhouse and hung it on her treehouse.  :-)

Her treehouse is built from a set of knock-off wood blocks, like Lincoln Logs but square.

Why yes, that IS a crocheted rug!  Feels so much more cozy, don't you think?  She's in her warming spot there, on the roof.  In her little world that makes her close to the sun.
Emily, lounging on her lizard ladder
(photo take through the mesh top)



No comments:

Post a Comment