Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Great Stashdown

I have 20 different yarns in my stash right now.

I know, some of you are reacting with "Bah!  That's nothing!  I have 247 yarns with plans to acquire more!"  Really.  Some of the stashes from Ravelry members are insane.

However, my compulsive need to Actually Have a Plan for each item in my stash is resulting in some anxiety, I'm fondly referring to as The Great Stashdown.  I want to use up a bunch of this stuff before buying more.  So, I sorted the yarn by quantity, and the ones that have enough for a sweater got pulled out into a special display.  It's like my own teeny tiny yarn store.  :-)

Here's my tiny yarn display tucked into the corner of my sewing/crafting area.



I've got enough for 8 adult size sweaters, and 1 smaller one for my daughter.

All those blue tags are my sons doing.  Looks like a yarn store, feels like a yarn store, so it should be priced like a yarn store.  Makes perfect sense when you're 7.

Interestingly, the one yarn I dislike the most is the one he priced highest.
Good!  I don't want to "buy" that one again anyway!
The FREE black yarn is a delicious bamboo blend.
Clearly his pricing system is skewed.

So I asked my son, "Do I have to pay you money to use my own yarn stash?"  He said, "Of course!  But you don't have to give me Real Money.  Or I'll just give it back to you later."

That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment