Friday, October 19, 2012

Surprise!

I luuurrrrvvveees surprises.  I love them even more when they're actual for-real surprises  not the kind where I have to pretend I don't know anything about it, but in reality I heard all the plans and ideas because my kids sometimes whisper with their Normal voice or forget that I'm in the next room while discussing what to get me for Christmas, or whenever.

Yesterday was a Real Surprise day.

Melissa, you rock.  :-)


My cousin ordered this book for me!  It's delightful.  Full of ideas for upcycling thrift-store finds.  Like mumu's.  And dresses with great fabric but ugly style.  And accessories!  I can't wait to dig through Goodwill racks in search of raw materials.

Earlier in the week I got a surprise from the mail man - a sharp crochet hook!



What a great invention. (sure would've been handy with the flannel blanket edging, eh?) I'll work up a couple new of projects with this and let you know how it goes.  Jessica from Sharp Crochet Hook is also sponsoring a givewaway, so one of you lovely readers just might get one too.  I'll do a special post about all the details when I've got some projects completed.

In project news, I've been working on my cardigan design.  Got a lot done, too. But then today I had a significant amount of drive time and decided I might be going about this all wrong.  Maybe this would be more comfortable without seams, worked from the top down.  So....I'm debating starting all over.

All this work might get unravelled.  Crap.

On the positive side, I used up leftover yarn from my Pink Lattice sweater to make Spirals top for my daughter.  Didn't have enough for long sleeves, but it'll still be cute layered with a t-shirt I think.





1 comment:

  1. Love the sweater! On a side note love your new deck chairs too!

    ReplyDelete