Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dishes, Dishes Everywhere

When I was a little girl I loved reading Shel Silverstein's poetry.  Sometimes his delightful little diddy's creep back into my head at random times.

If you have to dry the dishes;
such an awful, boring chore.
If you have to dry the dishes;
'stead of going to the store.
If you have to dry the dishes;
and you drop one on the floor.
Maybe you won't have to
dry the dishes any more.

Fortunately, our dishwasher has one of those drying settings which makes dish-drying a non-issue in our house.  What IS an issue, however, is getting the darn dishes into the dishwasher in the first place.  My children are six and eight.  My husband is 36.  One would think that people of these ages could place dirty dishes in the dishwasher.

Maybe this little reversible sign will help.


2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom made one of those when we were younger, she still uses it today :)

    ReplyDelete