Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Snuggly Baby Stuff

Baby blankets are fun.  They're small and quick and just when you're getting tired of repeating that stitch pattern, it's finished!


My husbands nephew and new wife are are expecting their first child later this summer.  The second they found out it's a boy, I jumped in the car and went yarn shopping.

This was a tricky project because the dad-to-be is an architect.  Being married to an architect myself, I understand how weird they can be about colors and lines.  So, I decided to go with color-blocking, and chose this pattern with simple details, clean lines and all that.

The colors themselves are an adult spin on the classic crayola box.  Instead of traditional baby brights, I went with muted shades.  A kid could (theoretically) snuggle under this thing well into their childhood without embarrassment or fear of mocking from their peers at sleepovers.


The stripes are made individually, then connected to the previous row with this neat little zig-zag bit.  This pattern is a freebie from Lion Brand Yarn.


Huh.  I wonder if the recipients of this blanket read my blog?  Well....if so, SURPRISE!   Hope you like it.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment