Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nook Necessities

Well hello!  I haven't forgotten you all.  I've been writing blog posts regularly (ahem...in my head) and I'm practically bursting to share the luxurious spa wrap I designed (!!!), the Craftsy quilt blocks, the Irene dress collection, and so much more!  I've been busy busy busy with the sewing sewing sewing and all the words to talk about it are creating chaos in my head.  I wish there was an invention out there that would take my dictated words and blog them for me.  Blogging is the part I can't ever seem to get to.  *sigh*

I need a minion. Or a House-elf.   Or any creature that takes dictation and has above-average typing skills.  (I'm non-discriminatory.)

Anyway...

Several months ago, about the time the Barnes and Noble people launched the Nook Tablet, they were super awesome and gave us loyal customers who already had a Nook Color a very cool system upgrade (for free!) which included the ability to stream Netflix. Now, not only can my Nook Color read books and play Scrabble with me, it can also function as a teeny TV so I can lie in bed and watch bad reality shows from seasons past.  It was love at first download.

I also like to watch shows while I'm crocheting, and it's really hard to keep the Nook propped just so on your knee while also balancing a ball of yarn, hook, and a work-in-progress.

Ta-Da!  The Nook Easel!


I friend showed me a similar idea for an iphone stand.  I studied the picture, flipped it horizontal, took some measurements, and created this little gadget.  It's really easy.  If you can sew a straight line and follow basic instructions, you can do this.



Here's the back.  Yes, I sewed my label on upside down.  Oops.  That'll get fixed later.


Unfolded, it looks like this.  I wrote the instructions and uploaded them to Google for all to enjoy!  Click the linky here:  Nook Easel Instructions



No comments:

Post a Comment