Monday, October 3, 2011

Bringing Back Retro, Baby

There's something about the 1960's that appeals to me.  The fabrics, the fashion....Women in their house dresses and aprons.  Men in suits and hats.  Children washed up and combed for dinner.  Everybody was fancy. 

On Saturday I found some delightful fabric that totally encompasses the 1960's housewife.  It's by Johansen Newman for Elizabeths' Studio, but I don't know what the actual design is called.  It's a black background with seven different housewives in separate window panels, all doing their daily chores. 


They're so sweet!  They look like they live to vacuum and bake and set up tea service, with a charming smile all the way.

At Target I found 4-packs of flour sack kitchen towels for $3.99.  Flour sack towels are amazingly absorbent.  Love 'em.  Then I used double sided fusible web and a super-quick satin stitch edging to applique a housewife to each towel. 

Theses lovely ladies bring such cheer to my kitchen!  I wish I looked half as good doing my daily chores.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so fun and whimsical! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete