Sunday, June 5, 2011

Boldy Going Where I've Never Gone Before

Sometimes the stars align and everything comes together, resulting in a neon arrow clearly pointing the direction to take.  Such was the case this week.  First, I needed a watch.  Second, my mother cleaned out her crafting stash and handed down a good selection of beads and elastic cording.  Add these two together, plus a watch face from Michaels, and.....voila.....



Clearly I have no idea what I am doing.  Taping the elastic to the countertop kept the strung beads from falling off the other end.  


Everything is hooked together, so it's good enough for me.  I secured the knots behind the watch face with a rectangle of super-sticky clear Contact paper, so hopefully I won't have any breakage and loose beads to contend with once I wear this.

I'm not sure I want to venture into beading again anytime soon.  It was kind of tedious and frustrating at times.  In the end I met my goal though, and now I have a one-of-a-kind watch with lots of sparkle and personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment