Monday, April 15, 2013

Summer Sunshine

There has been no trace of summer and very little sunshine so far this April, but I call this piece Summer Sunshine anyway. The color reminds me of everything summery: white-hot sun, flowers, bumblees...



The yarn is vintage.  Picked it up for $5 from a person who was de-stashing her yarn collection.  The yarn label has a pattern on it for a Disco Bag (which I may make, just for the fun kitschy-ness of it).  Based on that label pattern and the gold color, the yarn is probably from the 60's.  It washed up just as soft as ever!



They've re-issued this yarn in a modern color palette, and I couldn't resist getting some in hot pink.  I've started on a summer dress with that stuff.  I'll have a show n tell in a couple of days, once I get the bodice together.

No comments:

Post a Comment