Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Something Fishy

Last week I received a commission for a fish hat.

No joke.  The guy wanted a custom fish hat for his wife's birthday. People ask for the strangest things.


Halfway through creating this hat, I found out the intended recipient was expecting her first baby.   I couldn't resist using the leftover yarn to make a wee baby fish.


No pattern.  Made it up on the fly, loosely guided by some Google pictures.  I have a friend who calls this kind of made-up crochet McGuyvering*.    I like that.

*No bubble gum or duct tape was utilized in the creation of this project.**

**Unlike in sewing.  Day before yesterday I realized that clear tape can be used to hold the dang button in place while sewing it on with the machine.  Eureka!  No more swearing!  No more shifty buttons!  Why didn't I figure this out years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment