Saturday, December 3, 2011

Babies Like Schedules and So Do I

When my kids were tiny it seemed the only way I kept the fridge full of food and everybody in fresh laundry was to have a schedule.  It went something like this:

Monday - Mom's Group & Playdate
Tuesday - Preschool & Errands
Wednesday - Laundry and Sheets
Thursday - Preschool & Errands
Friday - Laundry, Clean the House

Now that the Little Ones are bigger and off at school all day long, I let the schedule go because it wasn't as necessary. 

Or is it?

These days, laundry gets done when the basket starts to overflow onto the floor.  Or when one of the kids hollers that they have no clean jeans. (Thank goodness we have ample socks and underwear around here!)  The sheets get changed on a regular basis, but it's anywhere from three days to ten, depending on when I remember.  I do a pretty good job keeping food in the fridge, but that's purely my own selfishness of making sure there's always romaine and radishes for my daily afternoon salad.  Might as well pick up food for the other people while I'm buying lettuce and ranch.

However, this blog is suffering from neglect.  I think of it often, really I do.  But sometimes it seems like such a mountainous task to take photos, retake photos (because I am a horrible photographer), upload the photos, write about it all, blah blah blah.  

And so, the blog is going on a schedule.   I'm going to start a thing called Finished Object Fridays, which will be just what the name implies.  Or it may be Almost-Finished Fridays, depending on the week.  :-)

This week: Finished Object Friday (12-2-11)

Sample skirt from the book Sew Serendipity.  I'll give a book recommendation and review later, because this is the best book for skirts and dresses I've found yet.    I wanted to try one of the skirt patterns for size and fit.  This is just stash fabric I had lying around.  It's a flattering A-line with pockets.


Love the stitch detail on this piece.  Here's a pocket close-up:


It's a little snug so I'm going to make the next one a size larger (that's why a sample is so important!), and I'm going to make a winter version using the dark gray tweed with microsuede below.  It will be so pretty!  Picture this stuff with tall black boots and a fitted sweater.


In other Work-In-Progress news, I've made more octagons for the Realta Afghan.  I'm about 20% done with the thing...maybe.  It's been so relaxing to sit at the end of the day and make an octagon or two, so it's ok that this will be a long process.  They just POP with color and bring such cheer to these cold winter days!



Till next week, then.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment